20 January 2012

First Nail Post!

I'm so excited to be writing my first actual nail post! Today my best friend came over asking for a manicure, so what better way to start off than with TWO awesome manis? I wanted to do something I've never tried before, so I did nebula nails for Ariana, and vintage floral nails for myself. Sorry if my photos/ manicures aren't up to par, I'm working on an awful cuticle biting habit.

Starting off is my mani:





My camera died as I was in the middle of taking the shot, so this is from my phone camera. Sorry again for the poor quality! I also smudged the white on my thumb -_____- But regardless, I adore this mani! I used tape to create the stripes on my thumb with Sally Hansen's Whirlwind White and Sally Hansen's Pink Blink. The white was a nightmare to apply, it was thick and gloopy, and I must've added 20 drops of Polish thinner, to no result. The rest was China Glaze For Audrey. I cheated on the roses and used nail stickers instead of drawing them on like I should, but c'est la vie. Then I added white dots at random to make it cutesy. I'm extremely happy with the result!

Ariana's mani is my Sistine Chapel. I love it is an understatement.

GALAXY NAILS! Hng, I love them so much. And they actually look that good in person. Isn't it like looking into deep space and realizing how vast and beautiful it is? They actually didn't take much work at all.


I used: (in the following order)

  • Misa: I Will Survive
  • Essie: Aruba Blue
  • Avon: Splendid Blue
  • SH: Whirlwind White
  • SH: Precious Pearl
  • SH: Urban Chic
 I did a plain black base and then sponged on all the other colours except Urban Chic. The twinkling stars all over the place are just UC swiped at random. I finish it off withrandom white dots for bigger stars, and Seche Vite for my top coat.


Her outfit better be as spectacular as those nails!

1 comment: